July 13, 2007

Friday the 13th

Well, here it is Friday the 13th. Although many people are superstitious about today, it is actually one of my favorite days. I'm envious of my friends whose birthdays are on the 13th because that means they get to have a Friday the 13th b-day. And no I don't like Friday the 13th movies. In fact if you know me you know that I thought the movie "Sixth Sense" was too scary.

So I was looking & noticed that it has been a week since I blogged, so I thought I'd start with the really fun things the family has been doing this week.
I just started meeting with some friends of mine on Tuesday mornings for a Bible study. They've been meeting for probably close to a year now, so you say why did you just join them? I'll tell you. We are doing an awesome read for anyone who has children; "To Train Up a Child" by Michael & Debi Pearl. It is a bit ouchy, because it is very biblically based. So as you're reading the book & they suggest you should discipline your child this way or that way it is sometimes a bit hard to swallow. Actually the whole premise of the book is in the title. Training your children as opposed to disciplining them.
Thursday we went with our friend Viv to a house on Wallum lake, had some wonderful Christian fellowship & played in the water. The girls absolutely love being in the water. And mom felt like a horrible mom as I forgot to put sunscreen on their faces so they had pink cheeks & noses.
Today, Dad & I packed up the girls, our bicycles & a picnic lunch & went to the East Bay bike path. We had a wonderful time, went to Haines Park for our lunch & then back to the carousel. We rode the carousel a couple of times & then went down the street for some ice cream. Between yesterday & today I've never seen two little girls sooo tired.

Tomorrow promises to be just as exciting. Grammy promised the girls that when mom said they were potty trained we'd all go shopping for new outfits from head to toe. So it has been 5 weeks & we have only had a handful of accidents. All in all they're doing quite well.

Well, enough rambling for now.

1 comment:

SANDY GIBBES said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! Where have all of your ramblings gone? I am sure that being a mother will cause you to do that, so ramble on!!